Are you looking to revamp your social media marketing efforts? Before investing the time and money needed for a successful campaign, maybe it is time to look ahead. By looking ahead, you can take into account some trends to plan for in the future.
Below are links to recent articles, presentations and white papers where you can glean information on upcoming trends in social media and digital marketing. Some may have a definite impact on your current and future plans and some may just validate your on-going strategy.
- Six Social Media Trends for 2012
- Social Media: 3 Big Trends to Watch in the Next 6 Months
- 7 Emerging Trends in Social Media
- Social Media, Mobile Show Largest Growth Rates for Digital
- Marketers Continue to Expand Digital Budgets, but Growth Is Slowing
- For Tablet Users, Video Trumps All Other Content Types
- Marketers Seek New Models to Grow Media and Entertainment
- YouTube Now A Major Source For News, Pew Study Shows
- 10 Interesting Digital Stats We’ve Seen This Week
- Digital’s 5 Biggest Trends To Watch
- e-marketer: Top Digital Trends 2012 (White Paper)
- The State of Social Media & Social Media Marketing in the Second Half of 2012
- CMOs Look to Social Data for Customer Insight Into Future Trends
On a daily basis, social media trends can be easily tracked via the web by using Google Reader. To gather relevant intelligence for your needs, it is essential to identify what your objectives are and then answer the questions or address the issues associated with each goal.
Want To Know More?
Please read our past posts:
About The Author:
Ian is a content strategist and the competitive intelligence researcher at Intelegia. With his knowledge of social media tools and an understanding of branding on the web, Ian formulates content marketing strategies for clients’ needs. As co-author of the Canadian Cities Online Marketing Index© and chief blogger at Intelegia, Ian documents and assesses global best practices of organizations’ approaches to social media marketing in terms of integrating their branding and communications strategies to obtain their marketing objectives. Follow Ian on Twitter @citweetz. __________________________________________________________________
Intelegia is a social marketing firm in Montreal, Canada. The firm delivers social media strategies to efficiently engage with stakeholders in economic development, business to business and business to consumer segments. It assists clients by defining and executing sustainable social web strategies that will allow their brand message to stand out in a competitive environment where target audience engagement is a must.
To receive updates, follow Intelegia on LinkedIn.